General policy and scope of the journal
The CBAB – CROP BREEDING AND APPLIED BIOTECHNOLOGY (ISSN 1984-7033) – is the official quarterly journal of the Brazilian Society of Plant Breeding (www.sbmp.org.br), abbreviated CROP BREED APPL BIOTECHNOL. It is indexed in ISI Thomson Reuters, Scopus, AGRIS, CAB International Abstracts, Biosys, Latindex, Periódica, Chemical Abstracts Service, Agricola, Agrobase, Wilson, Ebsco, DOAJ, Google Scholar, Acervo Documental da Embrapa, Portal da Capes and SciELO. It publishes original scientific articles, which contribute to the scientific and technological development of plant breeding and agriculture. Articles should be to do with basic and applied research on improvement of perennial and annual plants, within the fields of genetics, conservation of germplasm, biotechnology, genomics, cytogenetics, experimental statistics, seeds, food quality, biotic and abiotic stress, and correlated areas. The article must be unpublished. Simultaneous submitting to another periodical is ruled out. Authors are held solely responsible for the opinions and ideas expressed, which do not necessarily reflect the view of the Editorial board. However, the Editorial board reserves the right to suggest or ask for any modifications required. The journal adopts the Ithenticate software for identification of plagiarism. Complete or partial reproduction of articles is permitted, provided the source is cited. All content of the journal, except where identified, is licensed under a Creative Commons attribution-type BY. All articles are published free of charge. This is an open access journal.
Authors of articles in the journal CBAB – CROP BREEDING AND APPLIED BIOTECHNOLOGY profit from the following benefits:
- CBAB is an open access journal
- All articles are published free of charge
- Submission and review of articles electronically via ScholarOne
- Quick publication: average time of 153 days, in 2019
- PDF articles freely available on the WEB
- Evaluation by renewed national and international reviewers of the Web of Science
- Application of iThenticate software against plagiarism
- All articles are published with DOI
- Broad visibility, with publication of articles exclusively in English since 2001
Thank you for choosing the CBAB.